Instructions for Creating Teams and
Logging On to the MARS Simulation
(Using a credit card)
- Prior to team registration, you must obtain (1) a simulation name and (2) the instructor's email address from the instructor. Only then can you register your team for the simulation.
- Team registration is done only once, and must be completed prior to accessing the simulation.
- Only one team member will register the team, and then share the created USERID and Password with the other team members. All team members access the simulation using the same USERID and Password.
Step 1: Create USERID and Password
- Go to http://www.shootformars.com.
- Click the “Logon” tab at the top of the screen. This will take you to the Logon screen.
- Click the “Register as student” button on the right hand side of the screen. This will take you to the “Register As New Student” screen.
- Enter your email address and a password. If you have multiple email addresses, you can choose one. The password you enter can be anything you like. This is the password that you will be using when accessing this system. It is recommended that you use a password that is unique to this system.
- Click the “Register” button to complete your registration.
- You now have a USERID (your email address) and a Password that your team will use to access the site.
Step 2: Registration and Payment for the Simulation
- Click on the “Register For Simulation” tab at the top of the screen.
- On the first screen, input your instructor’s email address, and the name of the simulation provided by your instructor. Click “Continue with Registration” to proceed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, create and input the following information:
- If requested, provide a team name that will identify your team in the simulation. A team name is not required for all simulations. If there is not a place to enter team name, then your simulation does not require one. If there is a place to enter your team name, then you must enter one.
- The names of all of all your team members, using both first and last names.
- Leave the access key code blank and, press “Complete Registration” to complete your registration process. That will take you to the payment screen.
- Click the PayPal button to be transferred over to PayPal. It is not necessary to have a PayPal account to pay by credit card. You may pay by credit card or by your PayPal account if you have one. Once you have completed the PayPal payment transaction click the "return to merchant" link on the PayPal page.
- You are now at the main simulation page. From here you can fully access the simulation to enter decisions, view reports, view the student manual, etc…
- Share the email address and password with your team mates so that they can access the simulation.
- Subsequent to team registration, all team members will be able to directly log on to the participant's section of the simulation by following the "logon" link in the top navigation bar at http://www.shootformars.com.
- Each team member must use the email address and the password created in the “team registration” process to log in. That is, every team member will share the same logon email address and password. Multiple team members can use the simulation site at the same time. The student section contains the student's manual, PowerPoint slides, and simulation interface. You will no longer need the instructor’s email address or the simulation name to access the simulation.